Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gay Marriage ramblings.

I have absolutely no idea why anyone would oppose a marriage act that promotes equality. it drives me insane. Anyone who is opposed to this should have some sort of freedom taken away. Like, they're not allowed to eat anymore. Or drive. Or watch telly or something. Or I'm allowed to punch them in the face once a week. I'll just travel the country in a 'punch buggie' and punch the crap out of idiots. Such fun!

The most important point I can see in this whole debate is that RELIGION AND STATE ARE SEPARATE FOR A REASON. Christianity can not be Government policy. It just can't. Every Christian who says that Gay marriage opposes God and that it shouldn't be law because we are a country founded on the principles of Christianity are being ridiculous. We should NOT be influenced by religion when it comes to equality. If we were, no one would have rights.

Gay marriage should be legal because its right. Everyone should be equal. Religion cannot dictate laws in this country, I won't stand for it. When you look back on it, there were people opposed to the freeing of slaves, too. They look back in shame, and so will you if you're opposed to equality in any form.

I know this wasn't particularly eloquent but it really gets my goat!

Ramble over.


Song lyrics today:

'Four cold walls against my will,
at least I know he's lying still.
Four cold walls, without parole.
God have mercy on my soul.'

- Hadn't been for Love - Adele.

No comments:

Post a Comment