Friday, April 6, 2012

Originality. (A post that contains no original thought.)

Is it possible to be original in this day and age? I feel like every I write is plagerising someones idea before me.

Look at 'The Hunger Games' by Suzanne Collins. Here I (and she) thought it was a brilliant unique idea and even she has been accused of plagerising. So annoying. I feel like any book or show i write is going to be a copyright law suit waiting to happen.

Even writing essays I'm consistently worried that I'm plagerising a journal I haven't reads thoughts on whatever I'm writing. It's terrifying.

Do we just start again when it comes to ideas for television, film and music? Do we take the themes in shows from the past and just put a modern spin on them? Or is there still room for completely unique and brilliant writing?

Who knows. In the mean time I'll just pray to the Gods of Uniqueness to find me a brilliant idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment